View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
xclusivecar

I had easycare and it just expired. While they did question EVERYTHING I had in for repair, they did cover most all expenses. But...i'll never buy an extended warranty again. here's why:

I bought the warranty because of all of the talk of how hard and expensive Porsches' are to work on. Having never owned a Porsche before I payed $3500 for the warranty. After having the car for 3 years now I realized that they are easier to work on than your average Chevrolet and the parts dont cost that much more. Sure, the warranty company covered my O2 sensors (1 at a time which required me to leave my car 4 different times at the dealership) my MAF, my valve covers gaskets, my CV boots, and assorted other stuff. But when added up I ended up paying about a grand more than what was actually covered and was without my car many more days due to having to keep bringing it in for the "next" repair whereas I would have had the problems fixed correctly the first time.

How often do you hear of warranty companys actually having to pay for major troubles such as a new engine or tranny. I haven't. They made money...good for them...I had piece of mind...good for me...I now know the Boxster is very easy to perform work on in my garage...bad for the next warranty company and good for me!

Last edited by xclusivecar; 05-11-2007 at 02:12 PM.
xclusivecar is offline   Reply With Quote