View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chgolatin2
After some mods my tech advise me that my alternator went bad on my 01 S. I have an extended warranty from (Easy Care) on the car and I paid a total of $3,500 for it. My tech advise me that the rep from Easy Care gave him a hard time and wanted to send him the part directly from Easy Care my tech refused stating that he didnt know what type of part would be sent or if the part was a remanufactured one. Part cost is around $1,300 list price they offered to pay for the part at only $800 plus labor my tech found the original part but he was upset as to how the warranty handled the situation he explain that warranty companies are out to make a profit and they usually give you a hard time everytime you make a claim with them. He also told me that warranty companies dont like it when you have a zero deductible on your insurance. It amazes me how just about every business in the car industry is out to screw you out of your hard earned money.

Now I have a couple of minor things wrong with the car but my tech advise me not to do anymore claims and wait till one claim gets settled before proceeding with any other issues. Why do you pay for peace of mind and then get issues with the company it beats me. Warranty companies are there to provide a service and the service should be provided with no problems especially if the problem is a legit one. I cant believe that try to send you "used parts/reman" WTF!

To make matters worse my tech told me about a horror story that occured with one of his clients, client had an issue with the engine the warranty company was advised to fix both cylinder heads instead of the one that was damaged. Tech repaired the bad cylinder head and inform the client of possible future problems, client left on a business trip, car broke down due the the cylinder head issue client lost his business client, money and was left stranded in the middle of nowhere. Client sued the warranty company, company settled and paid for full repairs plus all the other headaches and money lost. In the end the client won and was fully compensated but the client had to go through a bunch of headaches beforehand. Amazing!

I feel like canceling my warranty and putting that money back into the payments of the car. I never purcahse a warranty before but then again I had never owned a Porsche so I wanted a lil peace of mind but now I have none....

Get our your contract and READ it in detail, perhaps for the first time.

See what you are and are not entitled to. In other words, find out what you purchased before you jump to conclusions.

Then talk to the company, not your tech. Rumor from a third party is not useful in these situations.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote