View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #16
der Geist

Mine is set to 8 right now. I have the Select Plus unit so I can play with the settings if I want. I spent the evening playing with it on a dyno adjusting throttle response, timing and air/fuel mixture. No matter what I changed the setting to the results were not evident by more than 2 or 3 HP/Tourque in the dyno. I know what you mean though. With the setting at 8 it feels loads faster at the bottom end. I don't know how to explain it. Overall I would suggest that if you have money to burn with mods, Revo is the way to go. If yo don't have loads of scratch I would stop at the intake/exhaust as that seems to get you to almost the same place. If I had to do it over I think I would put the 1K towards a 3.4 swap. I also would advise everyone to steer clear of TD Performance in Cincinnatti. They are great people and very personable when you are there but they just threw the Select Plus at me and after a month of "I'll call you right back" I had to call REVO USA's HQ. They were extremely helpful and the manager took my call personally, and walked me through the entire software package explaining everything in detail.

Kudos to Revo, super product and service. Up yours TD performance, I hope you don't ruin it for Revo. There is a LOT of room for improvement on TD's part.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote