View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
1. As anyone tried the Borla muffler? (The website states its only for the "S", which leads me into the next question.
- The borla muffler will fit on a base car as well. The reason they list it as for a Boxster S, is because that is the car they did the testing/development of their muffler for. The mounting points for the muffler are the same on a base or S version, so you can mount the borla on the base car. Someone here has a borla on their car. Do a search for "borla", and you'll see the posts.

2. The Dansk catalog shows that their sport exhaust muffler (sausage) for the 2000-02 Boxster will fit the base and the "S" model, which kind of indicates that might be true for other manufactures? insight/comments/experience?
- Again, any muffler that fits on an S, will fit on the base, as the mounting points are the same.

3. That same catalog also shows you can install the S Pressed Sport on a base box with the purchase of the update kit Part# 912927, as anyone used or seen what that entails?
- The info here is not really correct. The only difference you should be aware of is that starting from 2000 models and up, the muffler mounting system is slightly different on than the pre 2000 models, so if you have a 1997, 1998, or 1999 Boxster, you will have to buy the additional mounting kit, which includes a crossbar that includes vibration isolators to mount the exhaust on your pre-2000 model. If you have a 2000+ model base or S, you don't need to buy the mounting kit, as your car already has all the correct mounting brackets. I have the Dansk pressed sport exhaust with the super sound tips on my base 2001, and did not need to purchase any additional mounting kits. Simple bolt on process.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote