View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
Sammy

TOD survival thread...

To start off... WHAT A FREAKIN' AMAZING TRIP!!! My better half and I can't thank the participants enough for an absolutely wonderful time! :dance:

NickCats, it was great to caravan with you and Mrs. NickCats as it made the 11-12 hour drive each way extremely pleasant and enjoyable! Time sure does fly when you are having fun.
Randall (aka The Mayor), it was great to meet you and I'm placing the blame on you for the $$$ I'm probably going to end up spending after seeing all the great mods to you car!
Bmussatti, I'm looking forward to seeing you at some autocrosses this summer as you were tearing the TOD up!
dmcutter, mantis and Mrs. mantis, derb and Mrs. derb, it was a pleasure meeting you and hope to see you next year! Mrs. mantis and Mrs. derb get extra kudos for being troopers when I'm pretty sure if I rode as a passenger I would be kissing the ground at the end immediately following me losing my lunch.
Tom (if you ever read this board), thank you for putting us in check before we went out as what made this weekend more enjoyable was everyone had a good head on their shoulders and kept it safe. Also, thank you putting up with us as we gave you a hard time about your wicked fast MR2.

Trip summary for Sammy...

-approximately 1800 miles for the trip with 300-400 of it being on location at the Dragon and the Skway (car now has the 20,600 miles)
-6 runs of the Dragon
-3 runs of the Cherahola (sp?) Skyway
-2 different breakfast places that left a little to be desired
-1 great BBQ place!
-1 good Chinese buffet
-1 very good Mexican place
-a bunch of pictures and a couple videos that filled an entire memory card
-$100 worth of tires left at the Dragon and the Skway
-$50 worth of brakes left as well
-$90 worth of souvenoirs
-1 book authored by The Mayor himself
-2 people, father and son who crashed their motorcycles on Sunday, our prayers are with them and their family
-and finally... A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES!
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote