View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #60
husker boxster

James,

You sound sincere and you are doing the right thing - manning up. There was a speeding ticket thread a couple of months ago and all the guy did was blame everyone but himself. We need to remember we're responsible and accountable for our actions.

That said, I agree with Burg. Talk to your Dad. Say "Dad, I've done something stupid and I need your help". With an opening line like that, a speeding ticket may not be the first thing he thinks of. Certainly he will be mad but will assist you.

If your representation cannot work out a plea bargain and you have to stand in front of a judge, I would suggest saying something like, "Sir, I am very sorry, I have learned my lesson, and I am thankful no one was hurt by my actions". Judges see a lot of smart alec human debris flow past their bench every day. A little humility may go a long way. Then live by those words.

I wouldn't heed the advice of members who say buy a radar detector. We can save that for another thread, but they are not the answer. The cat eventually catches the mouse. Respect the laws or be willing to accept the consequences.

Your experience is exactly why I've resisted the need to go on the north side of triple digits. People ask me all the time how fast she goes. I just say the speedo goes up to 180mph.

Good luck, James.

Terry
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 05-07-2007 at 07:30 PM.