View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
Chills

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
blinkwatt: I kept the old cup holders and head unit. I always plan to keep my cars a long time, but situations change, and if I decided to sell my Boxster then I'd like to put it back to stock.

Travis: Thanks. My fiance and I drove around on Saturday with the top down. The screen is easy to read, even in direct sunlight. I had polarized Oakleys on and I could read the screen, but it was easier to see if I tilted my head so I wasn't looking through my sunglasses.

SD987: Much appreciated. I built the faceplate from the frame that came with the AVIC and a car stereo kit from Pep Boys. I went there and found the biggest one I could to use for raw material, and that ended up being the kit for GM trucks. I cut apart the faceplate in the kit with a Dremel and fitted it to my Boxster. It isn't perfect, but it looks quite good.

The iPod jack input is standard for all iPods on sale now (mini, video, nano). I ran the cable under the rear console and have the iPod in my rear box. I didn't need to drill because the cable fits in the space between the lid and the rear of the box. The iPod integration is seemless. You control the iPod with the headunit, and the touchscreen has all of the buttons of the regular iPod. You can even watch videos (not while driving) from your iPod.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote