View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #57
DrRoentgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by David N.
Just noticed the chase argument. There was another case in Florida where a camaro trooper was chasing a sportbike at 100+ and the camaro ended up hitting another car and killing the cop and a civilian. The Sportbiker turned himself in and now they want to convict him with double homicide.

I'm not weighing in on the righteousness of that conviction, but rather that despite the danger of a bike going 100+, chasing him at 100+ is highly questionable. The state of Florida has 'no chase' policies, so they leave it for the choppers to keep tabs while the cops stay back. In this case the cop violated and the biker is having to pay. Was pulling over a sportbike worth the danger? I'll leave it up to you guys to have an opinion.

-David

David,

Remember he's not chasing a rapist or murderer, he's chasing a guy to ticket him, the chase becomes all about adrenaline. A corvette blew by my cousins undercover car one day and he didn't even try to chase it. He said, look at the lead he already has, it's red and I got the first two digits, I'll see him again, that's the right choice for sure...