View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #45
jeffsquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

These threads always amaze me. Some owner breaks the Sound Barrier, gets caught, and is instantly hit with the reality of their actions. What did you think would happen?

I guess part of me wants to see the book thrown at you. At least that would be my leaning if I heard a news report of some kid driving a Sports Car in excess of 100 MPH on a public street. People doing what you did kill and maim other people every day and they never thought it could happen to them either, until it does.

But, because we know you, we're all supposed to sympathize with your situation and give you all kinds of advice on how to get out of it.

It's interesting that you seem more concerned with your Parents finding out than you are with the legal ramifications of what you've done. Maybe they're a system which can't be beat.

While it isn't going down all that smoothly, I do hope you come out of this OK. And also, that you learned to confine your 70+ MPH activity to the Track where it belongs and appreciate the meaning of Impulse Control the next time you get the urge to take a speed challenge...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
As unklekraker said, he fessed up and appears to have learned. I have seen a few young folk in court more worried about their parents then they are the judge. This may be TriGem's scenario. Let's hope he learned, but again he posted for advice, not lambasting.

This reminds me of the first capital case I ever tried. After we were done with a week's worth of witnesses and rested my case, the defense attorney came to me, shook my hand and said, "Jeff, you did a great job, and win or lose, at least tonight you and I are not going to prison for the rest of our lives."