View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #16
MNBoxster

Hi,

Well 1st round with the Griot's is complete. I completed the Hood, Front Bumper Front Fenders and both Doors.

First Impressions - It's a well made machine, good torque and appropriate speed settings. Great ergonomics and very little vibration as compared to my old PC (I see PC is now adding a Counterweight to address this). I don't know that it's better, just different, but certainly not inferior to the PC.

Their supplied pads and compounds are good - pretty much idiot-proof. The compound didn't cut as agressively as I would have liked (probably to keep the Novice safe). I have other more agressive compounds, but didn't feel like adding stages to the project, so I just let it grind the paint in the problem areas a little longer. Same result, but without having to do it in stages from more to less agressive compounds.

Like Stephen Stills says: "Love the one you're with...". It's a good machine and I like it, will keep it 'til it dies, and would recommend it. But with the PC 7424 going for as little as $109.00 - http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/7424_car_buffer.htm?E+coastest one has to wonder how many Pads, Microfibre Towels and Compounds you could get with the difference...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 05-05-2007 at 11:11 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote