View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #15
ferris

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Geist
A couple of weeks ago I got the REVO reflash. Actually I went a step further and got the SPS2 upgrade along with it. I immediately noticed the car pulled a lot quicker with much more power. bmw750 you are right. One of the things that is altered is the throttle response on non turbo cars. When you have the SPS2 module you can set the throttle response, fuel adjustment ratio and you can adjust the timing. Pretty handy if you run higher octane gas. I have not had time to play with the SPS2 yet but it looks like it will be loads of fun. It also has an "Aquire Data" mode which if you have a laptop in your car the SPS2 module will log the engine data to a file for later analysis. Pretty neat. Along with the initial power increase I should also mention that there is a very substantial increase in gas mileage. Normally I almost always run 28MPG when using the cruise control on the highway. I kept track of the mileage when I drove to Hershey last weekend and here are the results. I guess I should also mention that the REVO tech told me they optimize the car for 91 octane. When I get the SPS2 configured for 93 octane I expect to do even better.
Spirited highway driving through western PA Mostly 80-85 MPH 29.82MPG
Laid back cruise control set at 75MPH in mid PA 31.8 MPG
Spirited driving around Harrisburg & Hershey with some highway 24MPG
I was very impressed.

I am planning some runs with a dyno once I get the SPS2 programming down and have a little more time. If there is interest here I'll be happy to post the results.

As mentioned previously by others here this is not a cheap upgrade and I wouldn't recommend it as a first upgrade. There are more cost effective ways to get thrills from your Boxster. I gotta say though this car brings a smile to my face every time I take her out.

What throttle response setting did you set yours to. The test flash set mine to 6. when I purchased it, it set it to 8. The 8 setting is giving me a lot more low end torque.
2004 Audi A4 3.0 6spd

Previously Owned:
2005 Acura NSX
2000 BMW M5
2001 BMW M3
2005 Chevy Tahoe
1997 BWM M3
2000 BMW 528 5spd
ferris is offline   Reply With Quote