View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #8
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOGUY
Looks good! Did they tell you not to use Silicone based wax products for at least a month. Silicone is not good for fresh paint at all! Make sure they do a nice wet sanding and buff on the finish. I would go around the car and mark all the dirt nibs and or runs in the paint if any exist so they can take care of this when you bring it back. 3M makes a product called Gloss Enhancer... this is what my shop uses as a final detail spray for newly painted vehicles. It takes any swirl marks and water spots off the vehicle and is not harmful to the paint. It comes in a spray bottle and is applied just like a fk 425 or detail spray. Check into this online if you can find it!

Do you want to share an aproximate cost?? I am guessing 3600.00??
Me and the painted went over the car and found 1 area with a drop run mark and the trunk surface needing to be wet sand so he didnt wax it yet, Wont until i take him the car for the final color-sand, Ill locate that "Gloss Enhancer" you mentioned so he can wax it with that instead. I dont know what they are using right now for wax but if i had to guess it would be meguires brand waxes.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote