View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:20 AM   #7
jhandy

Well the more I looked into it the worse it got. The bottom line is that I have 4 O2 sensors, and 2 must be before the cat, and 2 must be after it.
For Che’s headers to work in MY car, I would have to have the mechanic drill and weld a bung in the secondary pipes. Two before and two after the cats.
As you may notice Che's headers do not have a Cat in them like fabspeeds, so you must move your 4 O2 sensors down stream a little into the secondary cats, before and after. This requires lengthening the wires to the O2 sensors.
I have heard that with longer wires comes more electrical resistance in the wire, and that’s how the O2 sensor send information to the computer. This will lead to a wrong value and a possible UNFIXABLE cel.

If you have this situation, and you want after market headers, then buy the fabspeed ones with the cat and then have someone drill and put the O2 sensor after the Cat, and hopefully you won’t have to extend the wires much, and it would only be to 2 sensors rather than 4.
James
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote