Thread: radar detector
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #39
boxsterz

Woohoo! Took the box out for a test spin after I fixed the p-brake, and I get 2 signals on my V1. One behind, and one in front. Traffic is light on the freeway and it's lightly sprinkling. Only 4 cars including me. The one in front has me puzzled because it's an Infinity, so I concentrate on the two cars behind me. No biggie, I'm going the speed limit. I've traveled this road many times, and sometimes there is a faint false, but it never follows me. Sure enough I spot the car with cop like running lights. As he closes on me, signal gets stronger. I make damn sure I'm going the speed limit. As he passes I spot him. Yup! State Trooper. The other car was probably going 65 but he doesn't pull him over . About 3 miles later, I see flashing lights. He pulls over a white minivan! I'm so glad I got the V1. Any other detector and I wouldn't have known where to focus my attention.

The signal ahead of me has me puzzled, maybe it was radar scatter (it was raining) or sometimes other detectors will set off the V1, but if that was the case, the other driver sure didn't slow down

I sure wish I bought this sooner... would've been much better for my driving record

Last edited by boxsterz; 05-02-2007 at 12:41 AM.