View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 05:16 AM   #19
DrRoentgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieboxy
Thanks guys,

It was pretty easy. A little fiddley getting the side scoop out, but once done was very straight forward. I had to use a little more force than I was comfortable with but in the end nothing broke.

Just took it for a test run and it sounds great, wasn't really sure if it had any more get up and go until I went through a sharp coner that I have been through lots of times, it's a second gear puch the exit at about 4K type of corner & for the 1st time it actually stepped out a little at the rear so maybe the desnorkleing gives that little bit more at higher revs.

I do have a question. Am I best off to do the mod described earlier in this thread and open up the snorklw with a 3" pipe and then put it back on the car or just leave it off. I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Welcome to where I live...(same thoughts).

I want to add for anyone taking off their side vent. Look for two small catches that actually hold the backside of the vent to the outside scoup. If you gently pry them with a flatblade as you work them to an appropriate angle, you won't scratch your paint or wrestle with the vent, everything comes apart nicely with patience and a gentle hand.

As for the snorkel, for now I'm running it sans cup #1 part. I'm wondering the same as you Aussie but in the meantime I have made no non reversable mods and I've improved the flow and sound.