View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #12
r9i8c7k

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcounsel
Thanks!

This is my first Porsche. My other previous cars were a Miata, a Z3 and a Volvo

I loved my old Miata, but traded it in for a Z3 in 2000. I absolutely loved the Z3, but my wife and I were contemplating kids, so I sadly decided to get something more "practical". So in late 2004, I got a Volvo (with a manual transmission at least).

But I longed for a convertible still, and about 6 months ago, I traded in the Volvo for the certified pre-owned Bimmer. We figured 4 seats, so we'll just plop the kid in the back if we ever have one.

Well, we're till trying to have kids, but none yet (what was I ever worrying about when I was a teenager??? ). So I figured what the hell, screw practicality, if we ever have a kid, we'll just tow them around in my wife's car. And I will keep a car seat around for emergencies. In the meantime, I'm gonna live life! So I took the plunge and got the Boxster. I took a big $$$ hit on the BMW since I had only had it about 6 months. But one test drive in the Porsche made me realize it was worth it!

Great minds think alike. I also got rid of a new car after only a couple of months after test driving the '07 Boxster. Congrats and good luck.
r9i8c7k is offline   Reply With Quote