View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #18
aussieboxy

More appreciation

I tend to get people who really like my car. Last night on the way home from a night out my wife & I were sitting at the lights and a guy in a Carolla pulls up beside us. He says hey nice car.....go on give it to it, you know you want to and damn I want to hear it. So the lights go green and I slowly let out the clutch and then floored it to about 6.5K in 1st then slipped it into 2nd up to about 4K at about which time we were at the speed limit so then into 4th and cruised.

Have only had a couple of runs in it. Once with a friend of mine who has a 03 Boxster Tiptronic. We were both suprised at the difference. Both 2.7 mine manual mine was considerably quicker. Over about 300 meters I beat him by about 2 car lenghts. Another was with a tricked Celica 4wd Turbo. Ate him too, the last was with my best mates Aston Martin DB7. This is a 7 litre V12. An absolutely awsome car. Of course he beat me but I was surprised at how well the Boxy went against it.

The DB7 is really a high end machine, accelerates from 200km per hr to 270 in no time.

I agree street racing is stupid. The best part of these cars is how the handle. My mate that has the DB7 used to have a Boxster & wished he never sold it although he loves the Aston, just different cars.

2000 2.7 Boxster
aussieboxy is offline   Reply With Quote