View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 12:01 AM   #9
thegarage01

I used to be that ricer

Okay, not really, I had a 1992 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo and then a 2002 WRX and I have had the same basic experience in all three cars. Although I find that it depends a little bit on my mood, if I’m in the mood for a race I see it, if not I tend not to notice.

I do remember chasing down a Carrera in my Stealth in Park City, UT… I pulled around him at a corner and waited for him to “take the bait.” Sure enough he pulled around me, I dropped it into second so he couldn’t pass me. Unfortunately I didn’t realize we were already doing about 65 (too busy checking my rearview) and going into second was a bad choice. The Stealth actually did about 80 to 85 in second but it was still a bad choice. He got in front of me and I chased him down for about 4 or 5 miles. He kept changing lanes so I couldn’t get around him. We ended up going over 110, maybe even 120, that Stealth was a fast car but I couldn’t get around him. He finally pulled off and I went about my evening.

Long story short, I have thought about that night a lot (this was about 8 years ago), man was that stupid. I’ve grown up a little since then.

Second long story short, I think that anytime you drive a car that someone thinks is “hot” and in turn think that they are also “hot”, they are going to try and race.
thegarage01 is offline   Reply With Quote