View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
USMCVandyLaw

Send a message via AIM to USMCVandyLaw
"So I assume you are going through OCS and not ROTC since you have student loans? Does he USMC have different commissioning programs for JAG? In the AF we have OTC BOT (basic officer training) and COT (commissioned officer training). COT is for Medical, JAG and stuff like that. They get their commission before they go and the program is shorter and A LOT easier."

The Marines do things a little differently than the other branches of the military. In the Marines, every Marine is a rifleman and all the officers go through the same basic training before they split off and go to their specialty schools. We have two months of OCS to evaluate if you have what it takes to be an officer and then 6 months of TBS which is the basic officer training. I went to OCS in college and will be attending TBS in a month. It will be quite a wake up call for me since I have been inactive for 4 years now while completing law school and taking the bar. I hope that answered your question.

I hope to one day be able to particpate more on the forum, but I have a nicely equipped 997 turbo worth of loans that I had to take out to go to Vanderbilt Law and will not be able to justify a new car for awhile.
USMCVandyLaw is offline   Reply With Quote