View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
hmmm....kind of boring, would have been cool to see the road a little......anyone see this? I saw this on another board...
Motor Trend June 2007

Under heading "America's Best Handling Car"

In order from #10 to #1

Honda CSi
Corvette Z06
MazdaSpeed3
Honda S2000
BMW 3 Series

Mini Cooper S JCW GP
Mitsubishi EVO
Lotus Exige S
Cayman S
911 GT3

They were seduced, in the end, by the 415 horsepower and ceramic brakes despite "enormous rear tires with a tread compound that could wear out before your first oil change".

There were 8 ratings on steering feel, steering accuracy, steering weight/heft, chassis composure, chassis response, chassis control, cockpit ergonomics, fun-to-drive. The Cayman was never worse than 3rd and mostly second or tied for second. It was second in the Fun-To-Drive category to the GT3.

These are not price adjusted ratings.

I always knew the vettes handled like junk from personal experience but I am shocked they are that far down the list...needless to say we all know the box handles better also....

Sorry to disagree but the current Corvettes don't handle like junk! Personally, I would be happy to take to the track with the current models any of them.
PS- The current Z06 will drop a GT3 pretty nicely. That does not make the GT3 a bad car, it fact, it is a great car.

It just makes the Zo6 pretty darn good too!

Last edited by Brucelee; 04-26-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote