View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 05:09 AM   #11
Bisimoto

Send a message via AIM to Bisimoto
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsterz
The snorkel reminds me of a velocity stack. I bet the lip works the same. I think a mod'd snork that didn't neck down so much with the bell lip would be optimal.

I like CJ's mod...

Hey Bismoto, don't you want to dyno this??
Of course. Carlos does reside near me.. would be more than happy to.

Everyone should bare in mind that venturis can also act as a restriction at certain flowrate demands based on design and inside diameter. A pure example is the simple carburator: venturis are present to present a presssure differential to help improve velocity across the smallest cross section of the venturi due to pressure differentials. This allows excellent atomization of fuel and enhances the fuel "pull" from the carb well or "float bowl". At higher RPMs, this also poses as a restriction to flow and power...hence large displacement and/or high revving engines require much larger venturis to allow for high end power production.

I have a few algorithms which I developed with emphasis on rpm & displacement...what is sad id that for 2.7~3.2L engines, the boxster intake is extremely restricted, even with the snorkle off...let alone with it installed. It is painfully obvious that that is why we saw this:

Based on experience with other highend and performance vehicles, by removing/decreasing further restrictions, and keeping the inlet temps the same, or cooler....more power gains are to be had.