View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 04:10 AM   #9
2000SoCalBoxsterS

Yes. The right side air vent is for engine compartment cooling and the left side vent is for the engine intake. As to the snorkle, I believe that desnorkling would only serve to slow down air flow and give it a lack of direction. Air direction to the air filter and air velosity will be better with the snorkle. You've got to believe that the Porsche engineers knew what they were doing and put it there for a purpose. That being said, I do believe that that purpose can be enhanced with a FabSpeed or EVO Cone shaped Cold Air Intake system.

I was at the Porsche dealer a few days ago and I was looking at the new Boxster's, I was curious about the larger vent on the 987 so I knelt down and looked inside the driver side vent. I was surprised to see that it looked more restrictive than the 986 vents. The larger vent appears to be mostly for styling. When you look into the vent most of it is closed off by black plastic leaving only a small opening for air to pass through to the engine air filter.
2000SoCalBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote