View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
DrRoentgen

A new take on snokels

I read numerous posts regarding the de snorkeling, so I did mine last weekend. The sonic characteristics are really much less pronounced if you already have a low restriction air filter in place. As I've had time to think about it, I've decided to replace the snorkel without the #1 end cap on it. My thinking is a more directed cooler stream of air (tip is closer to outside of the vehicle than just a pulled snorkel) would be as important as air volume. However, I also think cutting the snorkel halfway down might be beneficial as the oval would be about an inch larger in diameter, thinking about it like a straw, it would make sense that a larger opening in a shorter length would add air volume. Now, I'm torn between modding the snorkel of leaving it with the end cap off, cool air Vs air volume, I know the difference is minimal but I'd like to read some other thoughts...

PS cutting the snorkel would also remove the lip around the oval which I presume is to direct the air, replacing the tip by enlarging it and blending with glass is possible but it seems like a long way to go for nothing...

Last edited by DrRoentgen; 04-25-2007 at 12:00 PM.