View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 03:13 AM   #2
edevlin

I have done a number of mods to my 2.7 and I like them all, but my favorite is the last one. My initial intention was to make the 2.7L engine faster, but it is a 2.7L and IMO without forced induction, which is not recommended for this engine, you cannot do that much to make it significantly quicker.

I first went for the chip/intake/exhaust which gives a wonderful sound, a few extra HP and made the the car is more responsive to the throttle. I then put the car on a diet, Barille battery (save 30 lbs) loose spare (25 lbs) lighter exhaust system (30+ lbs). The diet also seemed to make it quicker and more responsive.

The last mod was one that I had never planned on doing, but I could not put up with the body roll on hard cornering, and that is the suspension. Putting on coilovers and lowering the car is my favorite mod and if I had only one to do, that would be it. These cars are about handling and and a performance suspension makes it much, much more fun, at least for me. The only drawback I have found to the suspension is that because it is such a gas to drive, I end up eating tires, I will be lucky to get 6K out of my rear PS2's...

Ed

:dance: :dance: :dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote