View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #36
Tool Pants

Not all universal 4 wire sensors are the same.

The bank 1 after cat sensor on my 1997 has been replaced 3 times. Every 2 years it gets replaced because every 2 years it is time for a smog inspection. The replacements were the Bosch sensor sold by the dealer with the plug on the end.

This year I decided to go with a Walker made sensor, as I had it with Bosch. Walker makes several universal 4 wires sensors, but not for a 986. The only 986 sensor Walker makes is the "direct fit" which simply means it had the plug on the end.

Yet on ebay there was someone selling a Walker universal sensor for a Boxster for $20, but the seller could not give me the part number so I could look it up in the Walker catalog. Because if you look in the Walker catalog is says that the Boxster universal sensor is N/A. I then emailed Walker and an engineer explained why Walker did not sell a universal for the Boxster, only the direct fit.

So I bought the Walker direct fit on ebay for $109 plus $9 to ship.

I had checked out the Bosch universal sensor - but I had it with Bosch.

I should have the Walker sensor in the mail the next day or so. Will be interesting to see if it works and if it does for how long.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote