View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 05:28 AM   #34
Wonko The Sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryc
Ok, I finally got around to replacing all 4 sensors and I keep getting the following codes (I reset it twice and they come back within 5 miles):
  • P0131: Oxygen Sensor Ahead of Catalytic Converter (Cylinders 1 - 3) - Signal Wire Short Circuit to Ground or Incorrect
  • P0137: Oxygen Sensor After Catalytic Converter (Cylinders 1 - 3) - Signal Wire Short Circuit to Ground or Incorrect
  • P0151: Oxygen Sensor Ahead of Catalytic Converter (Cylinders 4 - 6) - Signal Wire Short Circuit to Ground or Incorrect
  • P0157: Oxygen Sensor After Catalytic Converter (Cylinders 4 - 6) - Signal Wire Short Circuit to Ground or Incorrect
  • P1115: Oxygen Sensor Heating 1 After Catalytic Converter - Above Upper Limit
  • P1119: Oxygen Sensor Heating 2 Ahead of Catalytic Converter - Below Lower Limit

I followed the instructions exactly and all the colors matched up fine. Anyone else have issues?

This exact thing happened to me last night. All colors matched and accounted for, and I got most of the same codes (plus a few new ones). The codes and the descriptions are compliments of Durametric... That is one cool toy

Stats: USOS 4000 sensors from Speed Auto (Listed on the previous page). This is a 97 Box with the Motronic 5.2.2 DME. All 4 sensors were replaced.
  • P0131:Factory Fault Code 10 - Oxygen sensor ahead of catalytic converter (cylinders 1-3)
    Short circuit of wires or limited voltage increase
  • P0151:Factory Fault Code 18 - Oxygen sensor ahead of catalytic converter (cylinders 4-6)
    Short circuit to ground at signal wire of incorrect voltage
  • P1119:Factory Fault Code 5 - Oxygen sensor heating 2 ahead of catalytic converter
    Below lower threshold
  • P0137:Factory Fault Code 12 - Oxygen sensor ahead of catalytic converter (cylinders 1-3)
    Short circuit
  • P0157:Factory Fault Code 20 - Oxygen sensor behind catalytic converter (cylinders 4-6)
    Short circuit to ground at signal wire or incorrect voltage
  • P1117:Factory Fault Code 14 - Oxygen sensor heating 1 ahead of catalytic converter
    Below lower threshold
  • P1121:Factory Fault Code 4 - Oxygen sensor heating 2 ahead of catalytic converter
    Below lower threshold

If anyone else has ran into this, and knows what was done to fix it, please let me know. I'm sending a message to BinaryC to see what his resolution was. I'm going to have just a few minutes tonight to look at it, but as soon as I resolve it, I'll post the answer to this thread.

Thank you guys!

Cheers!

~Aaron
Wonko The Sane is offline   Reply With Quote