View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
wetstuff

Torpedo: Another route to the same result is to buy outside the Porsche network. A) P-dealers value cars a helluva lot higher than a used exotic dealer who thinks they're not really that special... B) A 1-2yr old car is already covered... and as long as you still have some factory - you can buy an external for another X years elsewhere.

I bought a near-perfect 01 with 4mos of factory warranty from a Chevy dealer in CT - it came from P-Leasing. A Urologist had put 12k on it. I had my P-dealer do a Cert. Inspection for $100..just to see - and get a base-line established - then bought an extended that gives me cash back.

The one key thing about these cars vs. a BMW, Merc, etc. is that there are soooooo many options....and that's where you may (should) know more about the car than the dealer. He sees the price he paid at auction - not the fact that there can be a $10k spread between two cars painted the same color. This Chevy dealer didn't have a clue about the options on the two cars he bought that day at Manheim. I did.

j i m

....the 997 I got in Cleveland in Nov. was P-Cert. (good dealer: Porsche North Olmstead)

Lancelot: There's a whole, big packet - mostly the same Welcome-Wagon stuff you'd get with a new car. Haven't read it all yet...
wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote