View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #18
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

All Brake systems are vented at the Reservoir (or you'd create a vacuum and no fluid would be supplied to the system from the Reservoir).

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Vented at the reservoir.... last time i checked, i didnt have a check valve or hole on my brake reservoir cap. Only free air in the system is what air is left between the cap and the surface of the fluid in the reservoir, unless you top it off (not recommended) however, if i fill that gap with more brakefluid, the brakes still work, Have you looked at the internals of a brake master cyclinder?

When the brake pedal is pressed, a rod with a rubber tip will slide snugly through the masters cyclinder, past a hole which leads to the fuild in the reservoir, Once the rubber tip has past the hole... it will create a seal between itself and the rest of the brake system below as it continues to slide through the master cyclinder. This seal will cause brake fluid to be pressed through the distribution block and through the brake lines and down to the calipers causing the pistons to squeeze the brake pads against the rotor/brake disc.

Only a small ammount of vacum is created in the reservoir once the Rod has gone past the hole leading to the reservoir not enough to stop the master cyclinder from doing its job... and if it is, then you need a new master cyclinder.

I probably just didnt understand your point to the sentence i quoted you on.

sorry in advance if my spelling is off par.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote