Thread: Boxster Killer?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 05:17 AM   #18
QporscheQ

In terms of "just" price, Porsche should be more expensive if for no other reason than production numbers. Worldwide Porsche sales (all models) this year will be in the tens of thousands range (approx half Cayennes too) while Honda and Nissan sales will be in the millions. So does it really surprise you that there is a 10:1 S2K to Boxster ratio at SCCA? Your Boxster has a lot more Porsche overhead money in it then some guy's Honda or Nissan, its also far better looking

One of the things that I really like about my Boxster is that in terms of the automotive world there really aren’t all that many of them (or us owners). I don’t want a car that everybody else has; I don’t want to blend in. If I wanted a "bang-for-the-buck" car instead of my car I would have purchased a Corvette Z06, which actually had an identical sticker price to my Boxster. I just don’t think I would have enjoyed the 'Vet nearly as much. I drive a Pontiac Firebird as my everyday driver and I looked at the 'Vet then looked at my 'bird and thought, man its basically the same car with some fancy crap bolted on. However, the Z06 does have a heads-up-display.