View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 09:07 AM   #9
Perfectlap

Safelite, they will even come to you. I drove it checked out the glass before hand (had the sekurit stamp in the corner like my factory one). Cost was $430 installed.
I heard $350 installed in Conneticut (yep OEM glass). Safelite pricing varies by region. I think the dealership wanted $450 for the glass alone...weird.
Except the guy doing the job didn't bother to cover my dash and put a small nick it it. They also didn't open the hood to allow access to the wiper cover thing which they tried to remove with a screw driver. Put a small chip in the paint from prying against the edge of the hood. They called me back to arrange for a repair. Other wise I've had no problems with windshield itself or leaking or any of that.
Just watch out for the dash and open the hood. THe guy who did my car should have been canned.

p.s.
inspect your glass regularly for small chips. I didn't realize I had one which could have been repairable at first. I only noticed it when it became a 4" crack. too late at that point.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-13-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote