View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
racer_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
So my 90K mile maintanence is comming up and I want to cover all bases. Im pretty sure I can change the engine oil, transmission fluid, spark plugs, fuel filter, cabin filter, polyrib belt, and what not. But I dont know how to change the differential fluid, bleed the brakes, or inspect it properly to where I wont miss anything. Should I do what I can (should I ask around and rent a lift?) then take it to the dealer for the diff fluid, brakes, and inspection? If anyone could give me a quick run down on basic procedures and tools needed Id appreciate it. I think ive got this much so far-

Oil change: get under there, take out drain plug and oil filter, reinstall and fill up (correct)?
Tranny change: take off the under cover and braces, drain it, fill it untill 11mm below fill plug line (correct?)
Fuel filter: take off under body panel, remove insulation, slide out and replace (correct?)
Polyrib belt: remove shrouds, loosen tensioning pulley, slip belt off, reinstall, tighten pulley (correct?)
Cabin filter: no brainer, under front hood
Spark plugs: remove ignition coils or wires (dont know which), unscrew, install new plugs (whats the correct gap and suggestions for best brand of spark plug, also its heat rating, and should I used antisieze?), re install wires (correct?)

You forgot to charge yourself $100/hr
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote