View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #13
mrmickeymouse

I actually posted that story, and have been in contact with him about it. He did not de-snorkle, sorry.

But, by bad design either carwashing or intake he did get water into the engine.

I will say this, I de-snorked approximately six months ago, have been through the rain and have even... K&N'ed woooooo... about seven months ago.

Have had no ill side affects, except for the beautiful sound of my motor. Man it is like night and day sound affect.

I am not saying to go out and do it, but my tail of the pants Dyno and another guy who actually dyno'ed showed HP improvement.

This is my experience and many others who have gone to the cone filter and there variants.

When you "upgrade" your intake you will lose your snorkle and end up with a cone filter in the area of the snorkle.

Maybe if some people who have upgraded there intakes, would chime in with there water stories or non water stories, it may dispel some of the urban myth that this tragic occurence will happen everytime.

I know I am going against the grain on this one with some people, but I mean no disrespect, it's just another point of view.

Scott
mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote