View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #10
porscheracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeney
I will try and get some video from the outside this weekend. When I first installed the GHL I was very disappointed with the amount of resonance I had. I even wrote them a letter complaining about it. I was constantly keeping the revs above 3K or below 2k. My wife hated to ride in the car.

I recently installed the Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipes and it changed for the better. The ear piercing resonance has diminished quite a bit. It can still be annoying between 2K-3K but it’s not nearly as bad. I love the sound now. It’s rawer and I think it’s what a Porsche should sound like. I even had the service guys at the dealership ask me if I had a Tubi exhaust on the car, which they sell.

I have a GHL exhaust installed on my 00 986 S and was very happy until I saw a video of a CAYMAN with Tubi exhaust.(google video) on the track. this guy hit the redline all day.. Damn it sounded like a Ferrari 355....The high pitch sound is what I was looking for!
Unfortunately, Tubi does not make it for 986. bummer!. I may have to sell my 986 for a 987.

anyone here have EVO intake? I hear it adds 8 bph and sound.

porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote