View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:26 AM   #20
butterfingers

Hi Norm,

I just received the LCD repair kit and will attempt to do some 'surgery' real soon. The onlt reason why I am hesitant is due to:

1) I am still not certain how to remove the unit from the dash safely.
2) There may be an issue with the size of the replacement LCD being compatible with the Boxster unit. The seller has informed me that a 2002 Boxster owner had purchased the replacement and found out that the dimensions are alittle different.

However, the seller has knowledge that it does fit some of the earlier car models. Since I own a 2001, I am hoping that it will fit my unit.

BUT, I if anyone can let me know if there was any change in the dimensions of the climate control unit from the 2001 to 2002 and later years, please let me know before I start the 'surgery'...Thanks!

This is because I am uncertain if I start the surgery and open the unit up, and find that the size is not compatible, than I would have 'destroyed' my otherwise still functioning unit (just the marring of the LCD leak). I would rather have the blob on my LCD and still control the inut with a partial screen for now than take it apart, fail to repair, and end up with the need to immediately replace the whole unit.

Josh
butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote