View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #10
der Geist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsterz
I'm not trying to think for you, but more to clarify...

perhaps it's that you don't want to pay for the 996TT.

So hypothetically, if given either car, as a gift from the Porsche gods, to drive and love, but never sell, which one would you still pick? (you couldn't borrow against it either, or profit nor suffer financially from the car too) All maintenance is taken care of for 300k miles, then it dies and goes to Pcar heaven...
Money really isn't the issue. I started looking because I have sold a nice piece of real estate and made a tidy profit on it so I thought of treating myself. I was actually looking to add this to the stable unless the dealer was to offer me a stupid trade in allowance. After driving the turbo and thinking about it for a few days there is no way I would trade in the Boxster now. The turbo is just and incredible machine but I think the Boxster is way more fun to drive. Plus I would miss all the kids screaming at me when I am driving around town. I actually am in your hypothetical I think I would still keep the Boxster, that's my point.

But of course I still don't want to pay for the turbo!!! I want it for nothing but they call that grand theft auto and then I'll have Matt to worry about!!

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote