View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
der Geist

996 Turbo vs Boxster

I have been contemplating a change and have been casually looking around for a used GT3 or 911 Turbo. I got a call about an '03 turbo for sale at a dealer a couple of days ago so I decided to check it out last night. 36K miles, not a lot of extras (like you need em?) and in showroom condition. Dealer wants 69K which I think is pretty reasonable for this model and year. So I take it for a test drive. Ooodles of power. The moment that car takes off it just wants to keep going. No question about it. Call me an idiot but I like the Boxster more. The turbo is a great car but seems to lack the personal connection if you will that the Boxster has. The handling feels loads tighter on my Boxster (coilovers??) and I like the sound of my Box better (Thanks Che!!). Maybe I just couldn't hear the exhaust on the turbo because of the hardtop?? Interesting though that I would prefer the Boxster over a car nearly twice the price isn't it? I think the best part was that when I came back from the test ride I had to wait for the sales manager to bring my car back from the appraisal. I think he was enjoying his appraisal ride at least as much as I enjoyed my test ride! The dealer is a Lexus dealer and I guess they don't get a lot of Porsches there so evidently they are quite a treat when they do get them.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote