View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #3
EPIQTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
sounds like a dahon or a bike friday.
Those are neat but look funny.

I need to install a bike carrier soon. I had the birdautomotive.com rack but someone smashed into it and took off while I was at a strip mall.
Thinking about the willwood system rack that works like a ball hitch.
Dahon was one manufacturer I was considering, but the pricing on their 16" is a bit higher than what I wanted to go - I'm trying to stay below $300, with 16" wheels, internal 3-speed hub, lightweight quality components, etc.

Bike Friday is uber-bucks - don't think they have a single one under a grand. They take existing frames and put top notch components on them, essentially building a custom folding bike each time. Obviously these are not intended to replace a 'real' bike, but I do know some people who actually do huge bike tours on them. For me, it's a matter of having another form of transportation at the track or when I go on a road trip, etc.

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote