View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
Rob-00BoxsterS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer
...I discover that a station-wagon parked next to me had bumped into the wheel-skirt of my car. My black paint was on his bumper, and his white paint on my car... along with a soft bump. ...So what did I do? Nothing. -- peer
Once, when I was much younger, I went to a Theme Park in Florida with the girl I was dating at the time. Normally I park as far away from everyone as I can but in their parking lot you are herded to a spot not of your choosing. I parked as far away from the car that pulled in before as I could but then the next car pulled so close that my passenger could not easily get out. I backed up and re-centered myself between the two cars. As soon as I stopped, the guy's son in the back seat kicked his door open and hit my car (my 84 300ZX that I still own and still has the original paint, including this ding!) I confronted the guy and told him my displeasure and even explained that I had to re-center my car because of his inconsiderateness. He apologized but said he was in a rental and that I have no recourse.

The entire day I stewed over the incident and we I got back to the car his was still next to mine. Since I knew he was in a rental I knew causing any damage to his car would not impact him very much (plus, even though I was young, I didn't want to permanently damage anyone else vehicle even in retaliation.) Sooooo I removed the tool to remove the center pin out of the tire stem that was on my temporary spare and removed all 4 of the pins on his car. I didn't cause any permanent damage, but I'm sure he was severely inconvenienced when he came out (from a long day at a theme park) to find 4 flat tires.

As a much older adult, I doubt I would do anything like that today but it did make me feel much, much better back then.

00' Boxster S, 00' E46 BMW - DD, 03' LR Disco - Wife's car, '84 300ZX turbo - owned for over 22 years, 82' 911 SC - Gone but not forgotten
Rob-00BoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote