View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 07:02 AM   #7
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipm
Thanks for the info.

I didn't get an inspection. My father is a mechanic, so I'm pretty good at checking. I got my hands on Porsche's own 74 point checklist and checked it myself.

The car has been owned by the current owner from 9,000 miles to it's current 71,000 miles. It has a full main dealer service history, the correct pirelli tyres, all the correct stickers on the hood/service book etc. So it looks like it's straight and been looked after.

Aside from an airbag light bulb, minor oil weep from the front end of the engine and slightly stiff reverse, it looks really very nice indeed.
First off, to your earlier post, the 2002 didn't come with a glove box or a glass rear window.

As to your concerns, you've raised several in this post. There seem to be plenty of Boxsters out there with far under 71,000 miles. I can think of at least one member who, while he really likes his Boxster, probably wishes he would have bought one with fewer miles. He calls it his "black hole for dead presidents".

Oil leaks on a Porsche are always cause for concern. With regards to the airbag light bulb - I'm assuming it's on all the time? This would be fairly common and probably due to the seatbelts (there's a great post on this somewhere here).

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote