View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
SigmaPi

Rail,

After a tad bit more research, your assessment might be correct. Vehicles with "Dynamic Laser Cruise Control" might be your problem. I was unable to find exact specs for any of them but clues in my search have led me to believe they use the exact or similar wavelengths as police laser's. If I could get some more specs, I could calculate the divergence for you. If you take the assumptions from my previous post and extrapolate the distances, you could be receiving interference from some cars using DLCC If for example, you are 5000 feet away from an oncoming vehicle and within 15 feet of its centerline you could receive interference. There are quite a few cars with it now, wiki has a list.

I too am in the military and started my officer career as the Airborne Laser Safety officer as well as the targets dude. I was up the road from you at Kirtland AFB and was down at WSMR on a monthly basis. Have fun in El Paso, I got to leave there a long time ago. Actually I lived in Clint between Fabens and El Paso.
SigmaPi is offline   Reply With Quote