View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
husker boxster

The New Wheels / Tires Are On (Finally)

Check out my Cadillac / Muscle Car / Bling-Bling wheels. I know most members are opposed to chrome wheels, but I really like these. Take a look. Your opinions are welcome.

The Specs...
Carrera S - 18x8, 50mm & 18x10, 47mm
BFG G-Force Sport - 245/40/18 & 275/35/18

Lessons Learned...
1. Stay away from Dayton.
2. The rear rims barely fits. Had to pin the E Brake cable out of the way. Had to return to the tire store to replace the rim lip balancing wts with the glue on kind inside the wheel. The rim wt was grazing the strut - that's how little room to spare there is.
3. Not sure about the 245/40 front. Tire guy talked me into it because of the 8" rim. I need to get it on level ground but the front looks high to me and the frt sidewall looks taller than the rear. Think I would go 235/40 next time.
4. Love the center caps. It was a pain in the arse dealing with Dayton and Ralph Boothe came through for me, but these caps were insanely expensive. Know what? At this point I don't care. I really like the looks of them on the wheels.

Caveat...
My car isn't as clean as I would like (it rains every 3 days) and I haven't dressed the tires. The pics are not DJ quality but I wanted to get some posted. Will get my car cleaned up and then update my sig blk.

Enjoy!
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote