View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 05:03 AM   #4
Dr. Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberst
Hi, I'm planning on buying a 2002 boxster s from a relative of mine, but it currently is at 31000 miles and still hasn't had it's 30k service done. If I were to pick up the car in person I would have to drive it around 300 miles. I was wondering how soon after I get the car would I have to get the service done? Thanks
There are plenty of people on this forum who are smarter about this stuff than me - hopefull they will chime in too. (note to blue and bmussatti - I typed this before I noticed you guys responded - lol)

However, I would say that 30k service should be performed at 30k. The fact that the car has been driven for 1k after that is probably not that big of a deal, but if it were me, I wouldn't push it any further. Upon purchase, I would drive the car straight from your relative's house to the dealer for the service, and then go on your 300 mile trip.

These cars seem to work pretty well as long as you take care of them, so I would strongly suggest you stay on schedule for maintenance. That should give a piece of mind to both you, and the person you will finally sell the car to next.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote