View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
RandallNeighbour

I'll let someone more knowledgeable about Certification for the CPO cars.

On the issue of a PPI, you're considering the purchase of a very expensive car. Throw a couple of hundred at it by having a solid inspection done along with a 4 wheel laser alignment (too see if it's been wrecked and not repaired properly). If I were you, I'd also insure that you discover how many stage 1 and 2 redlines the engine has endured just for your own knowledge as a baseline... and to see how the last owner(s) treated the car. If it's been stage 2 redlined a lot or recently, you can walk away. You find this out by having it hooked up to a OBD reader from Porsche.

(BTW, the alignment is a personal thing for me because my car had a bent subframe in the front and a bent strut in the back from a curb hit + spinout that was never shared with me when I was buying the car. Evidently, the previous owner let it get away from him and a regular PPI would not have discovered this).

Hope this helps!

BTW, I would only buy a CPO very low mileage Box S next time around. I've had it with Porsche's "high performance plastic" parts that wear out far too early. Porsche can pay for them under a 100k warranty next time around. Love the car, but hate some of the crap they bolt to the car in the name of saving a few ounces here and there.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote