Thread: Dead Radio?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 07:06 PM   #2
RandallNeighbour

Welcome to the world of Porsches. Had the same two questions when I bought my 1997.

1) Your radio has a fuse on the back of the unit itself as well as in the fuse box area. Take it to a dealer and have them do two things for you... pull the radio, replace or fiddle with that fuse (mine is loose and requires fiddling every other month or so. So, I bought the 12 dollar tools to pull it myself) and ask them to look up your radio code and give it to you. I assume you didn't get one when you bought the car, just like I did not.

2) The rocker switch is to manually raise the spoiler between your rear trunk and bumper. Turn the ignition switch on and then activate it and hold it up for ten seconds. This will raise it so you can clean it and inspect it.

Check Ebay for owner's manuals... I never found one online for cheap so I ordered one from my dealer and paid 35 bucks for it, but it answered a bunch of questions and I think it was worth it.

Now get back on those nice long Montana roads and crank that rascal up to 125 and keep it there for a while, so I can live vicariously through you, ok? I live in the fourth largest city in the USA and can't get over 90 without running into traffic.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote