View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #39
boxsterz

I agree the boxster will be the future 914.

There will always be purists, of which I'm not. I'd "bastardize" my box anyday if it gave me more power and kept that glorious music playing in the back.

The PERFECT transplant is the Buick GN TT. I've given it alot of thought. The most daunting part is keeping all nice Pcar electronics/creature comforts intact. Tranny adapter plate is not that hard I don't think. GN will easily pump 600hp without sneezing, with just bolt ons. Built GN's under $10k make over 1000 hp. The real problem would be overpowering the rest of the Pcar drivetrain, i.e., keeping the GN underpowered.

The essential layout is very close. If my box breaks, that's what I'll explore. I day dream of more power daily, and I want it for around 8k. No way is it worth it to me for a 3.4, 3.6, 3.8 transplant and pay silly money for it. But hey that's just me...

As it is, I feel the box is slightly underpowered especially considering 996 is making 8hp/liter more for no good reason. I feel a little bit cheated I didn't get my *missing* 25hp or so.

Last edited by boxsterz; 04-02-2007 at 10:09 AM.