View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
Rail26

Don't make the same mistake...

So there I was...just got back from defending freedom and I jumped in the Box for a little quality time. It is a beautiful 70 degrees in Hell Paso and I go to put the top down. As I am disengaging the top my phone rings which I answer promptly because I am waiting for Ed McMahon to tell me the good news. I get distracted and didn't realize I disengaged the top, but I didn't make sure the hook was clear of the holding thing (technical term). Any hooters, I hit the switch and the top tried to retract and snap! I broke the convert top wires...needless to say I had to take it in and it is going to be about 2 weeks to get the cables and install them. The good news is that I was able to get a courtesy car (Audi A3) and will be able to keep that until it is fixed. I am really impressed with the Audi...I am able to put the seats down and put my mountain bike in the back, the 2.0T feels just as fast as the Box and the comfort level is pretty high. However, the handling is not the same. I like to call it the 100mph test...the Box at 100mph is loud, solid and poised, but you definately know you are doing 100mph. The Audi is quiet, solid and poised and you have no idea you are doing 100mph. In the end you have to ask yourself...do I want a bruiser or an autobahn cruiser? I love the Box, but Audi is starting to creep in a little bit...this is the second Audi I have driven besides a 4.2 A6. I wish I had a 6 car garage and a 6 car paycheck.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote