View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
der Geist

I think most Americans pronounce it this way. It's just the way they were taught. Do you say Bur-lin or Bear-lin? Myoonik or Moon-chun? Most Europeans pronounce it as it is in German but we have our own way of doing things here apparently. I've seen some people really get their panties in a bunch over this. No need to in my opinion. I don't think people need to speak proper German here. I don't think either is right or wrong. Just 2 different ways of saying it. I'm sure I will get plenty of disagreement over this though.

Maybe we can get Dr. W to start doing some public service commercials-
"You vill say "PORSH-A" unt you vill like it!!!! hmmm wonder if Colonel Hockschtetter is still around....

It would be cool if there was someone from the sales departments at Pelican or Performance who reads this board could respond with what the percentage of Porsche people calling in use for their pronunciation.

Remember the "Jag-U-are" commercials a while back? Anybody notice that in the subsequent commercials they have gone over to the much more Americanized "Jag-War"

Besides-we are talking about Pontiac here. Who really listens to them anyway other than a bunch of Solstice buyers who are upset that they couldn't buy a Porsche? I think they are sharp little cars but they are no Boxsters.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote