View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
porsche986spyder

There have been several post about this in the past. Depends on how much money you are willing to spend and how right do you want it done. If your car has allot of milage on it, I would cancell your order for the springs and find a complete kit with shocks and springs included. Make sure they are good adjustable coilovers. If you want to be cheap and can't afford a good complete suspention system, then springs will be okay, but may create lots of other problems. Like camber being off and alignment. I've had springs only on some of my other sports cars and it was fine. But the shocks were new and the distance the cars were lowered was for looks only and not performance. Since this is a PORSCHE we are talking about, I would not be cheap. Spend a little more money or save up and you can get both the performance and lowered look that you want with a complete coilover kit.

By the way, my car sits on 18s with a wider rear wheel than the stock ones in the back. Car looks good and handles great to me. Do you plan on getting bigger rims in the future? This to will help cose up the wheel gap between the fender if this is what you are trying to do.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 03-27-2007 at 02:06 PM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote