View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #14
MNBoxster

Hi,

@MartinJ - My condolences for you and your Family's loss. Your story was heartwarming and in my book ranks as the best one yet.

I have only been with my wife for 11 yrs., married for 8. As I was already 45, and my wife on the rise in what has become a very promising career, we chose to forego having children. To concentrate on each other.

But, I was fortunate to have raised 2 wonderful girls from a past relationship. We're all still very close. Our oldest Girl was 2 when I came into her life and the youngest was 13 mos. - born 8 mos. after her Father was killed in an auto accident. I raised those kids 'til they went to college and was always called Dad as neither had any memory of their Father. Now the youngest, Mina, just having finished her surgical residency, is getting married in June in Chicago, and I'll be taking her up the aisle, as I did her older sister.

My wife travels for a living and is away 6 mos. of the year in 2-2½ week intervals. When she's away, even though we speak usually twice a day, the house gets quiet and so many things I wish we could do together have to be sacrificed for the job she loves. I couldn't help but relating to some of your passages about your wife and how much you appreciated her. I have the same feelings for Brenda. I can't imagine how difficult it has been for you, and as my wife is 9 yrs. my junior, hope that I never will learn.

My wife wasn't at all into cars when we met, in fact she used to remark "what am I doing with you? I've never been into a Car Guy before..." I reminded her that opposites do attract.

Now she's totally into cars and encourages my hobby tremendously. We regularly attend Car Shows, do rallys and Gymkanas, or just hop in and go where the road takes us. She even did her 1st Auto-X last year and loved it. Our years together have been the most wonderful part of an otherwise pretty wonderful life for me. I hope that we have many decades together ahead of us.

But, your story reminded me of how much more I need to appreciate her while I'm able. She returns from the WGC CA Championship in Miami on Tuesday, and your words left me wanting for her even more.

Good Luck to you as you move your life along and with your new Boxster. Cherish the memories! From what I've read, I'm sure you have many, many to choose from. Fare Well...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote