View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #26
der Geist

I'm going to try to go to Hershey. Every year, I run into a value conflict because it's the same weekend as Spring Carlisle.

Your '69 is looking good. Did you put a later model front on it also, or keep the long hood? I have always loved those vented quarters. A friend of mine had a slant nose 930 with vented fenders and quarters. What a car!!!

He unfortunately killed himself in it acting stupid.[/QUOTE]

Well I think you will be in luck this year and you will get to go to both. Just don't show up in Hershey sporting a Vette or a Mustang that you couldn't pass up. I wonder how many people here are going to Hershey?

I left the original front end on the car less the bumper which I changed out. I really like the looks of that longer hood. Too bad about your friend. That car looks terrible! How fast was he going? Those slant nose 930 were pretty sick cars in their day. Still are if you ask me. The only Porsche I like more is a 959 but forget about getting one of those now. I think it was pretty hard NOT to show off a little in a 930. I don't think I will be in any danger with the stock 2.0 for now. Course I do act stupid but that's not the cars fault...I am selling a commercial building I own and that is why I had to move the car and also why I decided to let someone else take a crack at it. My experience with my 914 and Porsche dealers has been horrific and has always stuck with me and I am very hesitant to let a dealer work on my car. I may decide to sell it though and go for the GT3. I keep going back and forth with it changing by the minute. Call me Sybill. I am gonna try and take an '03 turbo for a test drive next week. A local dealer has one that is super clean and pretty reasonable. For an '03 turbo that is. When I was in Vegas last month I took an '01 turbo for a test ride at a Benz dealer there and you know what? Take me out and kick me but I like the Boxster more.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor

Last edited by der Geist; 03-25-2007 at 10:06 PM.
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote